Sustainable Scottish herring caught by our responsible sourced fishing fleet in the rich fish grounds around Scotland and smoked locally by one of Aberdeen's best smokers.
price per 600g - 6 portions per 550g
Kipper, spinach, bacon and new potato salad
For the salad
• 6 rashers streaky bacon, fried until crisp
• 500g/1lb 2oz new potatoes, cooked and halved
• 350g/12oz spinach, washed and dried
• 3 kipper fillet, bones removed, flaked
For the dressing
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
• 1 garlic clove, chopped
• 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 4 free-range egg, poached, to serve
- For the salad, place all of the salad ingredients into a large bowl and gently stir.
- For the dressing, place all of the dressing ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Pour the dressing over the salad and stir to coat the salad ingredients.
- To serve, place the salad into a serving dish and top with the poached egg.
Latin Name: Clupea harengus
Recipe: Kipper, spinach, bacon and new potato salad