Sustainable Scottish herring caught by our responsible sourced fishing fleet in the rich fish grounds around Scotland and smoked locally by one of Aberdeen's best smokers.
These are classed as boneless kippers however there are usually some small bones contained that are edible.
Contains Annatto Dye (E160b(ii))
Kipper, spinach, bacon and new potato salad
For the salad
• 6 rashers streaky bacon, fried until crisp
• 500g/1lb 2oz new potatoes, cooked and halved
• 350g/12oz spinach, washed and dried
• 3 kipper fillet, bones removed, flaked
For the dressing
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
• 1 garlic clove, chopped
• 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 4 free-range egg, poached, to serve
- For the salad, place all of the salad ingredients into a large bowl and gently stir.
- For the dressing, place all of the dressing ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Pour the dressing over the salad and stir to coat the salad ingredients.
- To serve, place the salad into a serving dish and top with the poached egg.