12-15 whole langoustine caught in Scottish waters, sourced for us by seafood specialist Jimmy Buchan. This product is frozen within hours of landing to ensure the highest quality.
Grilled Langoustine with fennel, pea and herb salad
- Blanch langoustines in rapidly boiling and salted water for 60 seconds
- Remove and refresh langoustines in ice cold water.
- Carefully cut each langoustine in half lengthways. Remove the knife give it a clean and then finish the job by cutting through the head.
- Remove the brown sack at at the head and waste track of the langoustine.
- Repeat with all the langoustines.
- To make the lemon garlic butter, simply crush the garlic, zest the lemon and mix with the butter.
- Preheat your grill to medium–high.
- Lay the langoustines cut-side-up on a large roasting tray, loosen them within their shells, and spoon over the lemon garlic butter.
- Place under the grill for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the butter is bubbling and the langoustines are golden in colour and be very careful not to overcook them.
- Serve with your fennel salad and aioli.