Scottish Brown Crab - Caught to order weather dependent may cause delays to orders.
Delivered live to orders placed within Aberdeen-Aberdeenshire unless requested frozen.
Couriers are required to be delivered frozen, occurs within hours of landing to keep the highest quality for delivery. (caught to order)
Easy guide on how to cook
1. Bring a large pan of salted water to a boil - add 30g of salt per liter of water.
2. Place the crab in the boiling water to cook - time taken changes based on weight with a 1kg crab taking 6-8 minutes.
3. Remove the crab from the water and leave to cool before preparing. DO NOT place the crab into iced water as this will lead to it becoming waterlogged.
Crab cocktail with maire rose sauce (serves 4)
2 diced avocados
2 baby gem lettuces, tear off leaves
1 small fennel, finely sliced
juice 1 lemon
small bunched dill, finely diced
500g cooked crab meat
lemon wedges to serve
For the Marie rose sauce
3 tbsp mayonaise
2 tbsp ketchup
1/2 tsp Worchester sauce
couple drops Tabasco sauce
zest 1 lemon
large pinch of cayenne pepper, add another small pinch when finished
1/2 finely chopped red chilli
1. Put fennel into a large bowl of ice cold water with a squeeze of lemon juice. Leave for 30 minutes to crisp up. Drizzle more lemon juice onto the avocados to stop them from browning and whisk together all the ingredients for the Marie rose sauce. Once done place in fridge to chill.
2. Before serving drain the fennel and toss with the remaining lemon juice, dill and some seasoning. Layer the lettuce, avocado, fennel and crab into your chosen glasses (recommend half-pint glasses) adding a spoonful of sauce, repeating until glasses are full and topping with the Marie rose sauce. Add the finishing touches to each cocktail with a sprinkle of cayenne pepper on top and a slice of lemon on the side.