Sustainable Scottish haddock caught by our responsible sourced fishing fleet in the rich fish grounds around Scotland.
The haddock is bought daily by our expert Buyers fresh from the boats at Peterhead Fish Market. It is then filleted by our expert team in-house.
This product is boneless.
Fish and chips recipe - BBC Food
- beef dripping or oil, for deep frying (beef dripping is used in the traditional method and gives a far better flavour, but sunflower or vegetable oil will work just as well)
For the fish
- 4x175g thick cod or haddock fillets, taken from the head end rather than the tail end of the fish
- 225g self-raising flour plus extra for dusting
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 300ml fridge-cold lager
For the chips
- 6-8 large floury potatoes, such as maris piper, king edward, desiree (depending on how hungry you are)